- The development effort needed for the maintenance of the tool base platform is spread over many shoulders, especially the effort that is needed to adapt the platform to evolving AUTOSAR specifications/releases.
- Tool vendors benefit from the community that is gathered around Artop and the resulting higher quality of the base platform based on the feedback of the community.
- Tool vendors can benefit from the knowledge exchange among companies in the Artop community focused on the non-competitive parts of AUTOSAR tools.
- Better interoperability of tools that share a common base platform.
- Large user base of common platform ensures higher maturity and quality of tools.
- Investment in tool extensions is safer since extensions are vendor-neutral and based on common APIs.
- During the parallel development of the tool platform and the AUTOSAR specifications feedback is generated towards AUTOSAR.
- Artop enables the availability of AUTOSAR tools close to the point in time when AUTOSAR specifications are released.
4 Will Artop be made available to the general public and therefore also to universities and other research institutes?
Currently Artop is not available to the general public. As of October 2008 the Artop User Group is investigating how Artop can also be made available to the general public without interfering with any exisiting AUTOSAR regulations.
Information on the different roles and membership types in the Artop User Group can be found in the Organization section. For further information on how to become a member in the Artop User Group please register.
In general all AUTOSAR members and partners are welcome to get involved with the Artop User Group and to use and adopt Artop. Since the development of Artop is based on AUTOSAR document and since Artop incorporates AUTOSAR specifications, AUTOSAR licenses and regulations also apply to Artop. In case of AUTOSAR Core Partners, Premium Members or Development Members no restrictions arise from this fact. In case of AUTOSAR Associate Members restrictions exist with regard to unreleased AUTOSAR documents and specifications. Parts of Artop that are based on such materials will not be made available to AUTOSAR Associate Members.